So here is my blog, on which I shall enumerate my workings. I plan to post daily, but im not always so on top of things that I do. What shall you find here? My record in Divination, Sorcery, and Magick. No such thing you say? Perhaps this blog isnt for you.

Friday, April 17, 2009

All things start with a beginning.

My name is Joe (last name withheld for security reasons), and I am a Magician.
Actually that's a simple title. I'm a Sorcerer, Cartomancer, Astrologer, Geomancer, and several other things to boot.... What does all this mean? Well, for one thing, it means I don't tell a lot of people about my studies. Most people take a dim view on the supernatural in general, and view practicioner's as insane or misguided at best, or a threat to their way of life at worst. I've been doing this since I was 16, with a deck of Rider-Waite Tarot Cards, and a copy of Kraig's Modern Magick. The people that I know personally that know about this I can count on my fingers.

So, what is magick? Well there are a lot of definitions. There are two I prefer, one is from Aleister Crowley. "Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will." Another is from, of all places, a comic book called the Books of Magick. "Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality. Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words it cannot ignore." In simple language, Do cause A. And effect B happens, sometimes with no apparent interaction between the two.

I don't make deals with the devil, though angels pop up from time to time. I don't put curses on people, though I know folk who do, and its not outside of my ability. I'm here just trying to get along in life the best I can, I just have a few extra ways of doing it.

I have friends that are interested in starting to learn, I'm there to help as needed. I have friends that know and are a bit skiddish about it. I'm there to alay fears for them and show them what they want to learn or not.

So that's a beginning. You'll be hearing what I do in detail. So if your up to it, tune in, if not, not fine too. You'll hear what I'm doing and how it effects me, my friends and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment